GEROLD, Dr. rer. pol. Agnes
Regional Experience Sub-Saharan-Africa,North-Africa-/-Near-East,South-East-Asia,Central-Asia
Freelance consultant, Frankfurt am Main (Germany), consultant on value chain development, regional/local and rural development, private sector promotion.
Dr. Agnes Gerold, economist, works
- since 1984 in the field of development and international cooperation;
- since 1998 she works as freelance consultant for GTZ, SEQUA, KfW, DEZA, SPRING- University of Dortmund among others.
Her main background is on
- regional/local and rural development and private sector promotion, also in fragile states and post-conflict countries, promotion of clusters and value chains;
- decentralization, development of (national/regional) networking structures and institutional support structures (associations, chambers, civil society organizations, co-operatives etc.), institution building and PPP;
- employment promotion (in the formal and informal sector, gender and youth) and promotion of MSME;
- impact monitoring systems.
In value chain development Dr. Gerold specializes on
- Sensitization of different target groups;
- training of trainers and facilitators;
- national and regional value chain (stakeholder) workshops;
- mapping, (economic) analysis and prioritization of value chains.
Her regional experience covers Asia, (English and French-speaking) North and South Saharan Africa and the Middle East
Tel. 0049 – 69 – 78 87 87 and 0049 – 177 72 33 862 (mobile)