Regional Experience Sub-Saharan-Africa,South-East-Asia
Freelance consultant for trade promotion, environment conservation and energy.
Experience & Specializations:
Klaus Linkenheil works as a freelance consultant in the following fields:
- Project Planning, Evaluation & Implementation
- Green & Sustainable Trade: Value Chain Development, Export-, SME & Women NGOs Promotion, International Market Research, B2B
- Labeling & Certification: Eco-labeling, Organic, Fairtrade & Export Certification, Environmental Standards, CoC, CSR
- Promotion of Biodiversity-based Products (BBPs)
- Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, Climate Adaptation and REDD+ Projects
- Policy Advisory and Good Governance
- Capacity Development
- Organization of Fairs and Business / Governmental Delegation Tours
During his 20 years of professional experience in Development Cooperation (about 12 years for GIZ) he carried out more than 20 value chain analyses, e.g. for organic/fairtrade cocoa, coffee, tea, honey, cotton, spices, cardomom, incense products, NTFPs, MAPs, handicrafts,
jatropha and bioenergy-products, jewellery, textiles and carpets.
South and SE-Asian countries with longterm assignments in Nepal, Indonesia and Yemen.
- Economist and Engineer (Dipl. Wirtschaftsingenieur, FH)
- Technology and Resource Management in the Tropics and Subtropics (Master Degree)
- German: Mother tongue
- English: fluent
- French, Bahasa Indonesia: fair
- Nepali: basic